At approximately 11:30AM on August 8th, 1969 photographer Iain Macmillan climbed up on a ladder and snapped the now iconic photo of The Beatles crossing Abbey Road. The idea for the photo came from Paul McCartney. Here’s his sketch along with Macmillan’s more detailed version in the top right:
Enjoy some outtakes from the shoot below:
Abbey Road also happens to have a live webcam where you can many people attempting to recreate the final shoot, much to the dismay of the passing cars.
Latest posts by Josh Morrissey (see all)
- Watch Prince’s new video ‘Fixurlifeup’ - May 24, 2013
- A map of everywhere Bob Dylan ever sang about - May 24, 2013
- Happy 72nd birthday Bob Dylan! See 10 photos of Bob in NYC - May 24, 2013
- Hear an unreleased version of Talking Heads’ ‘Psycho Killer’
- We’ll take pretty much anything we can get from Daft Punk right now eh?
- RIP Richie Havens
- See the trailer for The Stone Roses documentary ‘Made Of Stone’
- Beautiful on set photos of David Bowie and Tilda Swinton